Question
Posted by: kn | 2012/09/28

Relationship break up

I hv been in a relationship for 5 yrs and now my bf says wants to leave cos of constant arguments and says he is leaving for my happiness. What do you think are the reasons as i find that we usually have had this situation b4 n neva gone this far. The other reason is that we hv a long distance relationship. How can I overcome this as it hurts.

Long-distance relationships are never easy. But in any sort of relationship if it comes to center on conflict and arguments, this is of no real benefit to either of you, and you probably wouldn't have the opportunity to see a couples counssellor together to try to work this out.
Are you sure that continuing with this relationship, rather than particng as friends, is the best thing for both of you ?

2

Posted by: Daisy | 2012/09/28

You''ve said it yourself. You are constantly arguing and this means that you are really not agreeing on things. This is really challenging in any relationship &  can weigh you down terribly. It is emotionally draining. Furthermore, you have a long distance relationship. How often do you see each other?

He may be right. It may be a good idea to move along &  find people that you are both more compatible with and also can spend time with each other. Five years is a long time to be in a long distance relationship. it''s as if you''re going nowhere slowly.

Reply to Daisy