Question
Posted by: sarah 01 | 2010/04/08

relationship after calling off a wedding

hi there my ex fiance and i were 6 weeks away from getting married, we mutually decided to call the wedding off as we started fighting allot, more than we ever used to. we have decided to just date and stay living togetehr as we have a child togeteher. im just finding hard to just date my ex fiance. how do relationships last after calling off a wedding, the moment i got engaged i said yes and by that it was my promise to be with this man as husband and wife for eternity and never to date again and we literally starting over and dating now and still fighintg everyday. i read statistics say only 2 outta 63 pople who call off a wedding land up marrying later on, i understand now how it is so difficult to date after being engaged but we wanna be with one another but i cant seem to get passed the awkwardness and uncomfortableness of the situation. how do we move forward or is ending it really the best thing for us

Wouldnt it help for you to see a couples counsellor together ?

3
Posted by: XXX | 2010/04/08

Your feelings are understandable but I really think a counsellor will help you through these issues.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: sarah 01 | 2010/04/08

we are going for our first session tomorrow but i am very against this whole dating thing after calling off a wedding it really feels wrong and we barely even speak now so its very weird.

Reply to sarah 01