Question

Relationship

Hi CS

During this long weekend my bf told me to stop laughing as much as I do... Well its not like I laugh for every single thing as he suggests. We went out with my siblings and they are hilarious (he dsnt think so though)

They had me in stiches and we just had a good time. I laugh when I find things funny and I as I said not everything all the time. He thinks I laugh too much...
On the other hand, he does not laugh at all! He dsnt seem to find much funny either. Seriously we coulf watch a movie and I''m dying of laughter and he''s just sitting there looking bored as ever.

In the begining it bothered me because I felt like maybe I was too happy but I''ve leant to accept his ways and assumed he accepted mine.
He is rather strange in that he told me he enjoyed us hangin out with the rest and he''s glad I forced him to go with. When we were out he looked bored and uninterested and I just left him be and enjoyed myself, for him to tell me he actually had a good time.

We''ve been together for 4yrs now and getting married in 2months. Thing is the fact that he mentioned to me that I should stop laughing...

So the pair of you have a radically different sense of humour ? Are you sure you really want to marry him ?

4

So in other words he is like a sour grape? And wants you to be a sour grape to? I too laugh a lot. But only when watching movies that crack me up. And people look at me weird lol. But, you should''ve confronted him than and there, as to why he wants you to stop laughing!. He either finds your laughing annoying, or embarrassed that you laugh in public and have a horrible laugh. But either which way, it''s your right to feel happy and enjoying life while you still can. But from the way it sounds, he is rather, too serious, and more like a lemon amongst a bowl of Tasty fruits

Posted by: Motlalentwa | 2012/09/26

He should have told you in afrikkans, jy moet ophou so baie laag, wat is jou probleem

Reply to Motlalentwa
Posted by: Bongi | 2012/09/26

Ow No - how can you spend the rest of your life with someone who wants to steal your laughter? Trust me - it''s not a cliche  laughter IS the best medicine. Whatever you do, never stop laughing my dear.

Reply to Bongi