Posted by: Confused | 2010-11-12

If your girlfriend does not wan''t to give up a guy friend for you knowing that the guy friend likes her as a girlfriend but she only likes him as a friend, what does that mean? I do not approve of this guy since he has openly told her he likes her. My girlfriend does not have a problem with this and says I must trust her and she loves me. Please help.

That she's Just Not That Into You ?
Interesting and helpful responses all round

Posted by: Gogo | 2010-11-15

Take that Guy to panelbeaters

Reply to Gogo

That she's Just Not That Into You ?

Posted by: Zee | 2010-11-12

You will forver be second best in her life. When you fights, she will run to him, he will offer her a glass of wine, a shoulder to cry on, and then a kiss to comfort her... If I were you, I''d make her choose now. But I''d first threaten that guy and give him a good beating and tell him to back off. Fight for your girl if you love her. And if she chooses their friendship over you, accept it and dont settle for second best. You will regret it in time to come.

Reply to Zee
Posted by: JUST ME | 2010-11-12

I agree with Unique he will soon get bored and find new entertainment

Reply to JUST ME
Posted by: Unique | 2010-11-12

I get your point. Once you are married it seldoms becomes necessary to go out with ONE specifi friend of the opposite sex. One probably goes out with a group of friends and unfortunately the frequency becomes less and less as famil responsibilities grow.

If I were you I would not insist on the friendship being broken up ( even though you are uncomfortable) - she might resent you. Let it fizz out. It probably will.

Reply to Unique
Posted by: whena | 2010-11-12

maybe she is stringing him along as a back up so in case things go wrong between you she can fall back on him?

Reply to whena
Posted by: Confused | 2010-11-12

We are quite serious. Imagine being maried, will it be ok for your wife to go out on a Friday night and have a glass of wine with a guy friend and then come home? That does not sound right to me and I will never do that to even a girlfriend of mine.

Reply to Confused
Posted by: Confused | 2010-11-12

The issue is not that I do not trust her. I trust her with another guy and I know she won''t do anything. If she wanted to she would have done something. So the issue is more on an emotional level than on a physical one.

Reply to Confused
Posted by: Mandy | 2010-11-12

Same situation.leave before it drives you mad

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: beth | 2010-11-12

maybe u shud trust her... has she ever given u a reason not to trust her?

Reply to beth