Question
Posted by: K | 2010/05/10

RELATIONSHIP

hi iv been with my boyfriend for 3 years this is the man i want to marry, we are truelly happy but when we fight it cant be a normal argument it explodes in to intense drama, then when hes carm and my self we sort it out. but i cant handle this drama. i feel like he causes most of it. eg  he goes to the casino loses his money i forgive him, i didnt answer my phone on a friday night when i did the drama started. if u can see what i see its like when things are done to him there so much more important and that piss me off cause unlike him i dont do serious things( break up stuff) . if i can discribe his personality so u can maybe understand he is loved by all sensitve in ways but has a bad temper. im sure i add to it, since im quite highly strung. do u think we need counciling? i just dont want this to mess things up we do truelly love each other maybe a little to much thats why we take things so serious. u advise would be great thank you

See a couples counsellor for some pre-marital couples counselling so you can work on this together. More than is realized, people need lessons in how to fight usefully rather than destructively.
But look also at the broader problems - if he is foolish enough to lose money he can't afford at the casino, that's not something to "forgive: and ignore - it could be finanially destructive to a marriage, and probably needs to be dealt with in its own right.

1