Question
Posted by: Emma | 2009/03/26

Relationship

Hi CS and anyone else

I need advice. I am 52 I came out of abusive marriage 5 years ago. I have not had a man in my life since then. Now I have met a man 60 who is persuing me. He is very kind, but we are like chalk and cheese not much in common. I have felt lonely in the past 5 years but I am not sure if I want a man in my life.

My insticts tell me I should let him go, but then what if he is a good companion? I am so confused.

Maybe you need more than kindness in a patner, but he might b good as a friend. Can't he be a companion in many ways, of benefit to both of you, without getting so into your life as to be a spouse or intimate partner ?