Question
Posted by: Confused | 2008-11-14

Relationshi Whoes

Dear Doc

Ive been in a relationship with my boyfriend for almost 3 years now,he loves me dearly and i also feel the same way,i found it hard trusting him but im slowly and surely getting there,we are faithful to each other and theres no problem other than the fact that i tend to ruin everything when we are hanging out with friends,i just get irritated and we get into a big fight which sometimes gets physical,he feels that i have no respect from him,im not jealous ,could it be that i want him to myself all the time,and how do i respect him and how can i help myself? i need you advice on this because i dont want to lose him

Thanx

See a couiples / relationshuip counsellor together, as there's no simple one-paagraph solution I can give you, and you need to work together on creating a solution.

6
Posted by: Confused | 2008-11-14

Hey guys thank you all for your input,By the way by physical i mean slapping each other on the face,its not something im proud of,and for " Anon"  please dont judge me,you dont know me,at least i have seen that i have a problem and im trying to get help,and ill try and control myself

Reply to Confused
Posted by: ME | 2008-11-14

I think this is a common thing around ladies. Sometimes I also feel the same. Even when we are visiting his family, sometimes I feel like he' s not giving me any attention, he only cares about his family members.
All You need to do is try by all means and control yourself, otherwise you may end up loosing him.

Reply to ME
Posted by: golly | 2008-11-14

I am going through exactly the same thing, it doesn' t get physical, but i get jealous over him when he spends time with people other than me. Even if it' s a friend that he hasn' t seen for quite a while, or a friend that is down and needs his advice, when he tells me he is going to this or that person, i immediately jump on my high-horse and start a fight about " why doesn' t he want to spend time with me??"  I don' t know why i do this......

What do we do about this eh?

Reply to golly
Posted by: Lin | 2008-11-14

It' s never good when a man hits a woman, but it' s also terrible when a woman hits a man.
Please call FAMSA and make an appointment. You need marriage counselling!

Reply to Lin
Posted by: po | 2008-11-14

Sometimes gets physical? That doesnt sound good to me? Does he hit you? Woman, a man who hits can never be good.

Do you get irritated because you want him to yourself or is it that you dont like the friends?

Reply to po
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-14

My sister in law does egsactelly what you do, and today she is old and alone!!!!!! you need to catch a wake up. Do you know how ugly it looks when 2 people hit one another.You clearly dont respect him.
I would not want someone like you around me