Question

Relapse

My partner completed 4 months in rehab and got out on saturday. Moved into his own place, not sure what what could have triggered him, but he relapsed and has been missing since saturday night. So, as a family what do we do now, is there a "  relapse programme"  ? What could have gone wrong, he did SOOO well, we really had high hopes for him, and then this, clearly he was not ready to be on his own yet, probably should have stayed longer in tertiary, but he said he was ready?

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Hey there, thank you for your post.

We do have a relapse prevention programme at Harmony, please feel free to contact us on 021 790 7779.

For you, I can't imagine how worried, hurt and helpless you must feel at the moment. I suggest that you now promote your own well being and take responsibility for your own health and happiness. At Harmony we have an excellent family programme - if you are close to Cape Town you are more than welcome to attend. If Cape Town is too far away then I suggest Nar-anon www.naranon.org.za visit their website for your nearest meeting, you will find tons of support there. Please keep me informed as to how you are... we're all here to support you.
Love & light
The Harmony Team

2
Posted by: Addict | 2011/01/26

When you find him. Get him to attend as many N.A meetings as possible. Every area have them. Get him a sponsor. Trust me if this program can help for me it can help for anyone. It doen''t matter how long you have been clean you can relapse at anytime. You may never see the triggers but they are all over. What you have to remember is that this is a desease, we can never be cured. We can only ''arrest'' out addiction we determine the period ourselfs.

I can not put in word what the N.A did for me and on a dayly basis still do for me. When I get triggered by something i phone or sms my sponsor and not my dealer. I have safety nets in place, like never have more money availible to me than just for bread and milk. Because I know I can''t trust myself.

N.A is God send! Serenity.

Reply to Addict
Posted by: Addictions expert | 2011/01/26

Hey there, thank you for your post.

Love & light
The Harmony Team

Reply to Addictions expert