My husband was a problem drinker for about 25 years. Last year November he quited alcohol and stayed dried until now with the help of the GP and after I packed my stuff and wanted to leave. However nowadays he started asking for booze again and I firmly said no, under no circumstances will I allow it again. He pleaded, cried and promised to behave himself and will not drink more than 4 drink at a time. But I have come a long way with this and as he have a addictive personality, I know what will follow. The roblem is that I cannot leave because of finances and my mother in law had a stroke and is bedridden now. She is dependant on me at night and over weekends. But I threatened that I will leave is he starts again and he thinks I will. What can I do. Will it help if I give him Besobrial in the morning again as well as Alzam. He would not take iit but I can manage a way that he will without knowing it. What do I tell him if he asks again or must I give his drinking a try again. He is now 61 and retired.

He will not be able to control his drinking again, and should be working with AA to have a better way of handling his returning desire for booze, rather than whining to be given some. Some meds might help him to stay dry, but this should be decided in collaboration with a doctor with real expertise in such matters, perhaps someone associated with a rehab program or AA. If you encourage him to start drinking again, he will slide right back down the hill he climbed before. He should get proper expert advice and AA support