Question
Posted by: Ricky-Lee | 2012/08/06

Rekindle friendship or just leave it?

A friend and I parted ways 2 months ago due to a stupid misunderstanding! We were really mean to one another and said things that were really unpleasant. However, I feel I want to try and make amends and rekindle this friendship, but he is very, very stubborn and I am afraid of how he may react when I contact him again! Should I just leave him alone and not bother him or should I apologise and make amends? I feel that life is so short and anything can happen to either one of us and I don''t want to have regrets one day because of the things that were said and done! I tried to carry on with my life without thinking about him, but it is not going so well, I constantly think of him and his wellbeing and I worry about him a lot. I really made a mess of things and I feel badly about it, but he also said things to me that were uncalled for.

If the "misunderstanding" was indeed stupid and caused unhappiness between friends, it may be as well to at least apologise and seek to clear the air - whether or not its wise to aim at re-kindling the relationship depends on what, after clearing that air, both of you want to do.
After 2 months he should have cooled down enough to at least consider your apology and your suggestion of at least air-clearing.
It sounds as though you also want to get him back as a lose friend, and that bus may already have let the terminus, and is up to him.

2
Posted by: Tayla | 2012/08/19

Hi Jan- Sorry for the delayed rsonepse. We had a job seekers event on Friday at Burger Hut, which turned out really well.We are having the Roseville meeting this Thursday at University of Phoenix. Guest speaker will be a recruiter from Resources Connection.

Reply to Tayla