Question
Posted by: Ghost | 2010/03/09

Rejection

I find that I am attracted to people who rejects me and will even start falling in love while trying to re-win their approval. Although I suffered rejection as a child, I do not want to be like this because of negative impact on my life. Please assist with how I can turn it around.

Very wise of you to recognize this recurring and self-defeating pattern. See a good local counsellor / therapist who uses Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) which should help you to change this inconvenient habit, enhance your self-esteem, and to learn to find and enjoy people who appreciate you for your qualities

2
Posted by: j | 2010/03/09

I know. Very familiar with rejection. When I sense rejection, i just back away. not waste my time on pursuing something that isn''t there.
I always think to myself that rejection is a way for me to refine who I''m actually supposed to be with, and who my friends should be.
And you cannot force someone to like / love you, so move on,
One door shuts and then another opens.
You''re a beautiful person in your own way and people worth your time and attention will notice that.

Chin up.

Reply to j