Question
Posted by: powerpuf | 2008-11-05

Rejected insurance claim

Last year I was involved in a bumper bashing. It was my fault as the other vehicle bumped into the front of my car, I was crossing a stop street and did not see the other vehicle approaching. My car was damaged to the extent that it needed to be towed. The other driver only had a problem with his bumper - he drove away from the scene with his bumper on his back seat. My insurance late rejected my claim. Anyway I fixed my car myself which costed me R15000 all in all. Now the other driver' s insurance slapped me with a bill of R15000.00 just for a bumper???? I don' t mind paying this, but I think that they should have consulted with me 1st before fixing the car - and they should' ve given me atleast 3 quotes of the damages incurred. Please help, I don' t want to be ripped off .

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Rejected Insurance Claim

I'm not an expert in motor vehichle accidents, but I'm absolutely sure they should have given you 3 quotes beforehand and you should have been given the opportunity to take it to your own garage to get a quote.

1
Posted by: powerpuf | 2008-11-05

Just to add to the above. My car is a newer 2006 model where her car is an older 98 model.

Reply to powerpuf