Question

Rejected

We have a long distance relationship, when he left on Saturday everything was okay. We were happy and even spoke about the next time we''ll see each other. Sunday no communication, Monday nothing. Today i get an sms saying its over. When i respond i seecthe message read but no reply. Im completely devastated and feel that after 2 years if he wanted to end it i woud have wanted it to my face. There was no indication or was i blind. I feel like crying but have to control myself as i work wit people. I wont beg to know what happened or to make him stay as he has already made up his mind, but how do i get over the feeling of rejection, anger etc.

Relationships are not easy, and long-distance relationships are harder. But anyone in any sort of relationship owes it to the other person, if they feel there are good reasons to break up, to at least have the good manners and guts to do it face to face, in person. Breaking up by SMS is cowardly and rude and inconsiderate. You don't want him to stay if he is capable of doing something like this. You have not really been rejected, and are fortunate to have lost someone with these hidden unpleasant aspects to his character. Don't feel guilty ( none of this is your fault ) and a mixture of feelings, including sadness, anger, wanting to negotiate a different ending, and so on, are normal, and should pass off before long

2

Posted by: Maria | 2012/07/24

What a coward to end things like that! After 2 years, and you thinking everything is ok, no wonder you are feeling angry and rejected. It''s ok, those are valid and reasonable emotions under the circumstances. Talk to a close friend or family member, let it all out, cry if you want to... Maybe in a couple of days time email him and just ask for an explanation, not that he must come back? Whatever his story is, it doesn''t sound as if you need to feel guilty about anything. Take care.

Reply to Maria