Question
Posted by: ADHDude | 2010-03-12

RE:I want to Report The Following Warning

I am being treated by six pschiatrists who say I cant delevol adverse reactions after long time use of Ritalin. they are all lying.

Usefl response from "woman". If you're being treated currently by 6 psychiatrists simultaneously, this may be a new record ! Seriously, some side-effects ( with any drug ) are typica of the early stages of using it, and some occur later on. Just as one may develop an allergy to something you have been exposed to for many years, late reactions are surely possible.
What can be useful is to contact the manufacturer and ask if they have received other reports of similar experiences

4
Posted by: Me& AdultADHD | 2010-03-15

ADHDude, it''s always darkest just before sunrise... Relax, get on Concerta and you will be a different person! I once was where you are now and can say that mental health professionals DO know what they are doing. Just take your pills at the exact same time everyday and you WILL get your head sorted. Since I have been on Concerta I only go for a check-up every now and then and I still fly level. This phase you are going through will soon be over, just don''t do anything impulsive you will live to regret!

Reply to Me&amp AdultADHD
Posted by: ADHDude | 2010-03-12

Thanks for nothing. All the doctors and you people are liars

Reply to ADHDude
Posted by: Woman | 2010-03-12

I have heard of a few people even developing psychosis from these drugs. Remember that they schedule 7 medications and yes, they are dangerous! Many people have adverse reactions.

Speak to your doctor about concerta. It''s the most stable ADHD drug available. Straterra is apparently terrible. Are you with and ADHD specialist psychiatrist? It might be worth your while to find one who really knows about adult ADHD. They are scarce (and expensive) but well worth the trouble)

Reply to Woman