Question
Posted by: VW | 2012-08-13

Rehabilitation vs Phyciatric Hospital

Good day - my Mom-in-law is a recovering alcoholic of many many years and more recently been having relapses more often. There was an episode on Friday night that caused us to have to fetch her as her land lord couldn''t deal with it. She is still with us today. Her issues stem from her past (as is the reason for most people to drink) and she has never faced or dealt with it. She has admitted she needs help. I''m not sure if we should be looking at a physciatric hospital or a rehabilitation centre? Can you help clarify that?

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Dear Wayne,

The source of your mother-in-laws problems probably stems from underlying trauma which has never been dealt with. I would recommend having her assessed by a Psychiatrist before deciding on whether a psychiatric facility would be more suitable than a rehabilitation centre.

1
Posted by: steven | 2012-10-17

Harmony has the only certified trauma counsellors in the country.
contact them for an assessment.
steven

Reply to steven