Question
Posted by: Bee | 2012/01/17

Regular periods = ovulation?

Good morning Doc,

If I have very regular periods... does it mean that I ovulate or could I have regular periods and not ovulate?

Thank you kindly,

Dear Bee

In the majority of cases, this is true. However, in some rare instances, menstruation may occur regularly without egg release (ovulation) e.g. luteinised unruptured follicle syndrome (IUF syndrome), empty follicle syndrome (EFS) or in some cases of advance or severe polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

5
Posted by: adronica | 2012/02/18

my fist child i 20yrz i been tryin to fol preg with no luck .i use triphasil for a year then i stop

Reply to adronica
Posted by: SALLY | 2012/01/23

Hello i just want to ask , ive seen my menstruation on the 25 nov 2011, the other one on the 18 dec 2011 and another one this month on the 12 jan 2012 so i want to know if my circle is 25 or 28 days for ovulation,because i want to be prgenant, so i want to know when i''''''''m ovulating

Reply to SALLY
Posted by: sala | 2012/01/23

Hello i just want to ask , ive seen my menstruation on the 25 nov 2011, the other one on the 18 dec 2011 and another one this month on the 12 jan 2012 so i want to know if my circle is 25 or 28 days for ovulation,because i want to be prgenant, so i want to know when i''''m ovulating

Reply to sala
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/01/23

Dear Bee

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: sally | 2012/01/17

Hello i just want to ask , ive seen my menstruation on the 25 nov 2011, the other one on the 18 dec 2011 and another one this month on the 12 jan 2012 so i want to know if my circle is 25 or 28 days for ovulation,because i want to be prgenant, so i want to know when i''m ovulating

Reply to sally