Question

Regte gewigte

Hi daar, ek wil net weet wat is die regte gewig vir ' n vrou om te gebruik. Ek gebruik op die oomblik 2kg gewigte, is dit te swaar as ek net my arms wil " tone" ? Is die " grip"  ook van belang, want die gewigte wat ek nou gebruik is redelik groot (pas net net in my hand), so my hand is redelik oop as ek dit gebruik.

Hi Anon

Depends on the person. Some people go higher, others lower. I don't think 2kg will be too heavy, though again, I don't know that for sure. How does it feel? How many times can you do each movement with that weight? If you can only lift the 2kg weight say 10 times, then it's probably too heavy. You need a weight that you can lift say 20 to 25 times, and then you do 3 sets with 15 reps each. That's the best rule of thumb. The grip doesn't matter too much, though it is important that you don't affect the lifting technique. You need to use the right method and if the weight is not comfortable, it can affect that.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/11/09

Hi Anon

Reply to fitnessdoc