Question
Posted by: dw | 2011-06-27

regret

I feel so down today. My bf and I broke up 2 weeks ago and I was doing fine until this weekend when I started to miss him. I then got an sms from him on Saturday which I replied to but very ''generically''. I dont know why, but eveytime after I break up with a guy, exactly 2 weeks later I start to regret my decision. Why cant I just believe that I made the right decision and move on? I hate feeling like this!!!

If one didn't at some time feel a bit down about it, it couldn't have been much of a relationship in the first place. We lose both the reality of the actual relationship, and we also lose out fantsies of what the relationship was ( but wasnt ! ) or might have been. Why there's often be a 2-week delay for you in such reactions, I'm not sure. Its easy to emotionally regret, for a short time, even a right decision.

4
Posted by: Romany | 2011-06-27

Initially after a break-up you are angry. You only remember the bad things that makes you angry. Then, as you calm down, the good things slip into your mind and you start remembering them too.
That is when you get sad and starts wondering if you made the correct decision. REMEMBER THE BAD. That is what broke yu apart.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Laurei | 2011-06-27

When you feel regret, ask yourself: Why did you break up? What was your alternatives at the time? would it have been worthwhile to contineu dating him despite you feeling that the relationship wont work for you? Learn to trust your instincts and be true to yourself, then you will stop doubting yourself so much.

Reply to Laurei
Posted by: Anon Guy | 2011-06-27

Hey dw, sorry to hear about your situation. I hope someday soon you meet your night in shinning armour.

Reply to Anon Guy