Posted by: CPMAMA | 2011-06-24

Regression after botox and casts

My three year old son suffers from Spastic Dipligic Cerebral Palsy. He recently had botox and casts that were on for 5 weeks. While the casts were on, he did phenomenally and was even able to walk 5 steps on his own. Last week the casts came off and he has lost all desire to try to walk, let alone stand. Can anybody please tell me if this is normal. He is treated by the Red cross CP clinic where trying to get a informed answer is nearly impossible as your questions and concerns are simply disregarded because they consider me to be just another non-paying number. Also, if anybody knows of a good paediatric orthopaedic surgeon in the Cape Town southern suburbs please let me know.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

you are a victim of the state of this country - nothing works anymore, least of of all the medical system. The last bit of function is the private medical practice - you should contact Dr Craig Hastings