Question
Posted by: Skillie | 2008/07/16

Regarding Jonathan and Christianity

Good day good people.

A simple request for all the christian people here - it is not about sexual preference but religion, especially christians.

Jonathan is mocking our God on the MT forum. I would guess that all of you would know what it feels like to be discriminated against, and I ask of you to stand up with me against him regardless of your sexual orientation. That sort of mockery should not be tolerated.

Thanks!

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Skillie, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

The MT forum is not moderated but this forum is, and we have very specific rules about mutual respect etc. Posts that are insulting will be deleted. As much as we disagree with some of Jonathan's comments we cannot control what he posts elsewhere.

Jonathan, angering and insulting people is not an effective way of trying to challenge homoprejudice.

14
Posted by: Nikkits | 2008/07/17

OK guys, enough ...

I dont believe in any religion BUT I believe that each person has the RIGHT to feel proud and FREE to believe in what makes him/her comfortable.

IN BOTH instances (believers and non believers) it is brainless and a sign of weakness to BELITTLE the other because you dont agree something.

Childish disagreements happen in the lower grades in school guys and gals, then we ALL GROW up to respect each other' s differences.

May the force be with you

Nikkits
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reply to Nikkits
Posted by: Skillie | 2008/07/17

It is against the rules, but I cannot discuss it here, and neither will MT do. Expert, please just look the other way for a few minutes, please mail me <ADDRESS DELETED - please abide by the forum rules>

Reply to Skillie
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/17

Yes...

Reply to Jonathan
Posted by: Skillie | 2008/07/17

I am more than willing to listen to you, and wil try to explain the God I know. I don't expect you to turn and love Him, but hopefully I can find a way to make you hate Him - and us - less, if you give me the opportunity. You don't have a clue how much it hurts me to hear you insult Him like that.

And maybe, if you hear my lifestory, and what He has meant to me, maybe then you will understand why I am so passionate.

So, will you give me the opportunity?

Reply to Skillie
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/17

I don't hate my father, I hate what he represents, like millions of others (as you say).

I can tell you why I hate God, but I won't bore you with the details. Let's just say that I understand why you and the others are angry, and that I WILL try and be respectful (I know you've heard it a few times before, and it's your right not to believe me).

Reply to Jonathan
Posted by: Skillie | 2008/07/17

What did your father do that you hate him so much Jonathan? If your hate is that deep, then it seems as if the problem is psychological?!?

Reply to Skillie
Posted by: Skillie | 2008/07/17

Exactly Jonathan. The point is not in apologising, or to defend yourself by insulting millions of people, but the point is learning to control the crap that leaves your mouth!

Reply to Skillie
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/17

There's no point in my apologizing anyway. Few days down the line and it will probably pop-up again. I seriously think I'm too hateful and vengeful to even be a pagan. Sheesh!

;)

Reply to Jonathan
Posted by: Skillie | 2008/07/17

YOU MAKE IT VERY HARD TO LOVE YOU! I don't expect you to be nice to me, or respect me, but respect my religion, and that of a few million people on earth, both gay, bi-sexual and straight! Attack the individuals if you have to, but NOT religion! I WILL NEVER ALLOW THAT!

Reply to Skillie
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/17

Don't judge me, just love me okay? That's what you're supposed to do.

;)

Reply to Jonathan
Posted by: Skillie | 2008/07/17

Was the first time idiot! And no, in my eyes you are nothing more than just a plain, little, silly MOFFIE! Take Deeve, Nikky, a lot of other people on this site. There are some examples of people you could follow. IDIOT

Reply to Skillie
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/17

Respect for people of a different sexual orientation??!! You're nothing more than a hypocrite!

You're the one calling me "MOFFIE" all the time! It's okay for you lot to call me a devil-worshipper (I'm a pagan, Sam), but gods forbid I say something about your religion!

;)

Reply to Jonathan
Posted by: Skillie | 2008/07/17

Hi Sam. Thanks for the answer.

Look, to my opinion he seems a bit like an attention seeker, and the homophobic straights seem to give him what he wants. The problem as I see it now, is that he doesn't know what to do with the attention, and then retalliates the only way he knows how, and that is to insult on the basis of religion.

Unfortunately, I cannot just turn my head the other way and just ignore it. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for people of a different sexual orientation, and even more for people of a different religion. In my close circle of friends there is a Tamil lady, a Hindi family and a Buddhist lady. And I have a lot of respect for them. They know, we can teach each other about out different religions, as long as it is constructive. What Jonathan is doing is just showing a lot of disregard for my religion, and I cannot allow him to do so. You are Jewish, you know that the Lord said that he will not allow anyone to use His name in vain. And we shouldn't allow it either.

Reply to Skillie
Posted by: Sam | 2008/07/16

Hi Skillie, I am not Christian (I'm Jewish) but I can relate to what you say - he has no right to offend you. Can't you guys just ignore him?

Reply to Sam