Posted by: ME | 2013-02-05

Been on nexium 40mg daily for nearly 4 weeks. Everything I eat makes me feel like I have a ball of food stuck in the back of my throat. I get so nauseous with this. I can only eat small amounts and then an hour later feel really hungry again. I am scared to eat too much in one go in case I get this feeling again. It doesnt matter what I eat - even tuna and lettuce causes this. My throat is sore. Today is the 4th day that I havent vommitted but other than that, I have been vomitting nearly daily for about 2 months.
I eat when I am hungry but I also get the reflux feeling when I get too hungry before eating and also during or half an hour after eating. I am scared to eat but know I must as the over-hungry feeling makes me feel really ill.
I wake up at 4am either really hungry or nauseous and then by the time I eat breakfast after 5am I am nauseous and end up throwing up.
I dont know what to do - I used to enjoy my food, now I only eat cos I have to.

I suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist. He/she will explore possible causes, like gastric reflux disease, hiatus hernia or a gastric ulcer. It is really important to seek expert advice, as it is very unhealthy to vommit daily over a two month period. Besides the electrolyte loss, the vommiting will affect the oesophagus, irritate the back of the throat and discolour your teeth. In the interim, you can add Gaviscon Plus, three times daily before meals. Try and elevate the head of your bed. Lying at a slight angle will prevent reflux of the stomach content.