Posted by: Gary | 2009-09-01

reflux??? re post 4090

Please read my POST 4090 for reference:

My doctor was concerned because my c-reactive protein was 91.
I had an abdonimal sonar, abdominal x-ray to rule out the possiblity of ulcers, gallstones, and kidney stones...

She since did a chest x-ray, and reckons that I have phlem which is causing reflux? and that this is the casue of my stomach pain and shoulder blade pain...

This has been an ongoing problem for years... is this possible?

My wife was concerned that it is Colon or Liver Cancer (as I have been a heavy drinker for many years until a year ago, and because I struggle to go to the toilet properly when these symptoms occur).

Do you think that the above is correct or that we should go further with tests?

HI Gary
I think you should at least have a gastroscopy - this will confirm whether you have reflux/ inflammation of the stomach lining. This can be an ongoing problem for years ( especially if you used alcohol excessively ) Liver cancer would have been noticed on a sonar. Colon cancer can be seen with a barium meal and follow through.

Posted by: Gary | 2009-09-01

Where is my Post 4090? Subject was Stomach pain and Shoulder Pain...?

Reply to Gary