Question
Posted by: MPC | 2011-01-11

Reflux in a 2 year old

Goodday, hope all is well.

My lilttle boy of 2 has reflux. The barium swallow once again tested positive on friday. The pediatrician suggested a operation but we don''t want to go that road. He still uses the Nexium 10mg. We had a talk with our GP and he suggested that we use Motilium and Zantac syrup with the Nexium. What''s your input on this medication, and will the Motilium make his tummy go more regular.
Will the Zantac make a difference or is the Nexium enough.

Your help is much appreciated

Expert ImagePharmacist

I don't know his full medical history and cant override the paed's call, but taking both Zantac and Nexiam may seem excessive, but in this case, may help. Motilium furthermore encourages the stomach to empty at a much faster rate - It doesn't necessary mean (but also cant be excluded) that his tummy will wil' go more regular though.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011-01-12

Reply to pharmacist