Question
Posted by: Maddy | 2010/03/03

reflux

Hi Doc, for the last 5 years I have struggled with a terrible reflux. Had a colonoscopy done as well as a gastroscopy done end of 2007 which showed that I also have a hiatus hernia. IOur bed is on 2 blocks as recommended by the specialist, we have our diner early and I do not go to bed until well 3 hours later. I am very careful with what I eat but this refluxing is driving me mad. I have been taking Omezprazole 20mg for the last couple of years, but can you please tell me WHEN to took it. The one doctor says in the evening before going to bed, but then I am not supposed to take anything before going to bed, the other doctor says in the morning, so I just don''t know when to take it. Can you please advise. Thank you. Is there anything else I can take for refluxing?

Hallo Maddy
Ask your doctor if you could try Nexiam, and take it early in the morning before meals. You can also use Gaviscon in the evening to form a layer on top of the stomach contents and neutralize any acid. If medication does not work, you may need to consider a hiatus hernia operation.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/03

Hallo Maddy

Reply to cyberdoc