Question
Posted by: sarah | 2008/09/06

reflux

I am thirty five years old. I suffer quite badly with reflux and am on 80mg of Topzole. About two weeks ago I woke up having a very bitter, bile taste in my mouth. My stomach is burning. on monday I had lost my voice and thought I was getting a cold until my chest started closing up on me. The doctor has mentioned that with reflux your chest can close up. Is it something I need to worry about? DO I need to go see the stomach specialist? Will I need to always keep a Ventolin up on me in future?

Dear Sarah

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult a gastroenterologist, in order to have a gastroscopy, to rule out a gastric ulcer. In the interim, you can use Gaviscon Advanced, thrice daily before meals.

1
Posted by: Trish | 2008/09/08

Diagnosed with LPRD 10 days ago. Main concern is the loss of voice. My doctor said I must be patient and has given me reflux meds. Voice got better and now gone again. Should I go for a second opinion?

Reply to Trish