Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2009/04/16

Referring to artical on constipation

Hi... Is ok to have your extra fibre intake through the products from Clicks/Dischem. I am currently using Benefibre from Clicks.
It really helps, just concerned if it is unhealthy to rely on something like that. it is also very convenient, sometimes even by adding fruit and bran to my diet i still suffer, i also exercise 3-4 times a week.
Can it be hereditary? My mom and gran both suffered with constipation....
Thanks!

Dear Tammy
Using soluble fibre like Fybogel orange or the Dischem product is not bad for you and it is not unhealthy to use it. Ensure that you drink enough water (8 glasses per day) to make it work optimally.