Question
Posted by: What can I do? | 2011/04/12

Refer to previous post

Good day d0c

As previously posted, I informed you of having hot flushes and my period being late.

I went to the dr on saturday, he tested my urine and said that there is blood in my urine meaning my period should show soon, however he said he cannot explain the hot flushes and high bp

He also cant explain why the period is late. He said if it persists he can sent me for ultra sound scan to check if it is not fibroids or cysts or an infection of my kidneys or liver.

This confuses me as I am not sure how this is caused, what causes the above? I am not sexually active... I am 24

Please help me get some clarity as I worried about this

Dear what can I do
It sounds as if the late period could have been caused by a hormonal imbalance and it may be temporary (due to stress or medication or recent infection)but it could also be due to conditions like thyroid hormone abnormalities or an ovarian cyst. One may have to do a few blood tests and maybe a sonar too, to be able to determine the actual cause. Skipping a period is not necessarily bad for you, but may be a sign of underlying problems that needs to be further examined. I suggest that you follow up with your doctor if symptoms persist.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/12

Dear what can I do