Posted by: chris | 2008-12-07

refer to post no 619 and 620

hi Dayzee - would love to chat to you. I am sitting with what sounds like a similar situation. Had my small intestine shortened 4 years ago, to lose weight. I lost 43 kgs and have kept it off. Trouble is i am now suffering from gout and uric acid which causes incredible anal burning. I suffer greatly from flatulence and i run to the toilet about 4 times per night. I need to see a dietician and then I am seriously considering reversing the op.
I have itching piles as well. I had an anal fizzure repair in Sept and since then ... gout has developed. I am desperate as I have tried all sorts of creams and lotions to stop the burning. I believe I was taking too much asprin ( every night disprin plus with codeine to help bind my tummy at night) the Asprin according to the " net "  can cause gout. Please would you reply to this post with any suggestions at all. Many thanks

Dear Chris
I hope that Dayzee will reply to you. I am so sorry to hear that you too are suffering so severely after having bariatric surgery. Please do see both the surgeon who did your operation and a dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). You need advice on how to stop your diarrhoea that is causing your anal distress - the latter also needs to be treated properly. The dietitian will have to assist with your diet to also prevent the flatulence, diarrhoea and gout.
Please go for some professional assistance to improve your quality of life.

Posted by: Gout | 2008-12-08

I suffer from gout since 1973 when I was only 24 years old.
At the moment it is fairly under control, using Puricos.
The other thing I use is " Distilled water"  lots of it.
Which I can lose 40kg!
All the best

Reply to Gout