Question
Posted by: Scared | 2010/08/02

Refer to 909: Client

I have advised her a while ago to go to the HR but she says that they tell her she is imagining herself

I alternatively contacted one of my other students that work with her, this lady tells me she has been this way for sometime now and has even accused this lady of also informing people at work of things she does after hours re: her course that she is doing with me

I also contacted her mother today, seems her mother believes her as her mother feels that what she is saying is true ... she wont even hear me out

I seriously am getting scared, what should I do?

What a useless response from the HR people. If they truly believe she is imagining these problems ( and if she is paranoid, this may, in a sense, be so ) they ought, if they have the faintest skill in their field, to recognize that this is not a non-problem, just one needing a difference type of response.
From your description, the woman does indeed sound potentially psychologically disturbed and paranoid. this would probably respond well to proper psychiatric treatment, if she could be persuaded to get the help, assessment and treatment which she needs. Nothing else is likely to help.
If this is suggested to her in a manner that suggests she is not believed or that her problems are not real and "all in her head" she will, of course reject such advice. And the problems ARE real, just not the same sort of real she assumes them to be. One can only sympathise, emphasize that there is nothing you can do directly about the situation, but to suggest that while you an't change "whatever might be happening" you are very concerned about the impact this is having o her, and wish she could see someone who could help her to better handle the awful stress this must be causing for her.

1