refer post 90

When the sleep paralysis happens it is extremely distressing, we all 3 started around a similar age, well mine started a little earlier. When it started it interfered with my life and the past 17 years I have learnt to live with it. Theres 3 parts to it, the feeling of it happening, the paralysis and old hag syndrome(creatures and stuff-but can still see the room or wherever I am sleeping clearly) and the 3 part is the actual dream/nightmare.
I hardly get to the 3 part and fight the paralysis, its extremely hard waking up.
I wanna know what the cause/cure(if any) is so my brothers don' t have to endure what I had to go through.
Do you think I need a dream doctor(if any) or sleep doctor(where would one find this, I am in Cape Town).

Thank you for the time taken to respond.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

I am quite sure there is help for you. I would suggest you contact Dr Ebrahim at the Constantiaberg MediClinic.