refer post 1425

Hi Doc,

Thank you so much for that info on Reductil and Xenical, I was on reductil for a month, it suppressed my appetite for at least two weeks then nothing, just dry mouth and headaches, nauseau and nothing else after that, I think I became immune to it so to speak, Do you recommend I try Xenical, I need to lose about 30kgs and I gotta get started somehow as just a sugar less low fat diet is not working as I have PCOS. ALthough I have to admit I need to be abit more strict. I need motivation, maybe Xenical will give me that, do I need a prescription?

Thank you kindly for taking the time to respond, I walk on average about 6 hours a week, oh and take note I have given up smoking since last year june.

Once again thanks for your response.

Dear Anonymous
It is a pleasure. If you got so many side-effects with Reductil, then I would recommend that you discuss the use of Xenical with your dr esp as you have 30 kg to lose. You will use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet which then reduces your energy intake and this should promote weightloss. You will need a prescription for the Xenical. If you have PCOS which is usually linked to insulin resistance then you may also really benefit from consulting a clinical dietitian. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will have to work out a diet for you that is energy-reduced, very low in fat and also low-GI. It is really worthwhile having a special meal plan worked out for you seeing that you have multiple problems (overweight and PCOS).
Giving up smoking is excellent for your health and the fact that you walk for 6 hours a week is stunning. Well done! and keep up the good work because daily exercise does help with the insulin resistance.

Ek wil graag hulp he met my gewig ek eet 3maaltye ' n dag en ek het herbex gebruik maar bly nog steeds gewig optel wat moet ek doen? ek is al radeloos.