Question
Posted by: Vienna | 2008/07/16

Ref to question 118

Thank you Dr for your advise.
I will go for Juvederm HV. However, I had 2 Fraxel
lasers done and must be honest, I was/am NOT
impressed at all. Also, living abroad, have my
treatments once/ twice a year only when in SA
I am looking for something that will smooth the
skin/texture around my mouth area A once off ?
Thank you once again.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Vienna, and it is a pleasure for the advice.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net and your best option would be to consult a reputable cosmetic dermatologist or aesthetic practitioner or plastic surgeon who can examine the area and advise you on the appropriate treatment regime. Your other option is to email me a photograph of the mouth area at rest and when pursing the lips. The safest way to do this is for you to log on to my web page at: www.aestheticfacialenhancement.co.za and go to the Contact Us tab. Send me you email and details and I will email you back with my personal email. This way we can avoid any spam and ensure privacy of your photo.

The area from the mouth down is difficult to treat and responds best to combination treatments. A number of options exist and the combination choice is dependent on the degree and extent of the skin damage:

Chemical peels: various strengths may be used and typically one should expect at least 2 to 10 peels depending on both the type of peel used and the degree of correction required.

Skin Rejuvenation: a number of good technology devices can be found on the market today and specifically for deep smokers or whistle lines one should consider the UltraPulse Encore with Active FX and/or Deep FX. This is an ablative fractional laser and more information can be found at: http://www.aesthetic.lumenis.com/wt/page/ultrapulse.

And as mentioned before all of the above may be combined with Botox and Juvederm HV.
I hope all of the above helps.