Question
Posted by: Viv | 2010-03-26

Reductil vs Xenical

Good morning Doc,

First and foremost, you are awesome for trying to answer every single question here.

I am hoping to start on a mediaccly assisted weightloss programme obviously with the approval from my doc. What''s your take on the above pills??? I hear xenical makes your overies sore. How true is this

Dear Viv
Thank you for your kind words - they make my week! I must admit that I have not heard that using Xenical which prevents fat in the diet from being absorbed, will cause painful ovaries. Reductil and Xenical are very different in their action and side-effects. It is good that you are going to see your dr because he or she will have to give you a medical examination to determine if you can use Reductil (which is not indicated for anyone with heart or circulatory problems) or Xenical (where the dr must check your fat-soluble vitamin levels regularly). So go for that checkup and see what your dr advises. Also keep in mind that no matter which slimming medication you use, you need to also reduce your energy intake and increase your energy output.
Good luck with the programme

2
Posted by: Nellie Dean | 2010-04-21

Good day dr. Wanted to know if it would be safe to take Xenical with chronic meds: zoloft, seroquel, trileptal.

Thx very much.
Nellie South Africa

Reply to Nellie Dean
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-03-26

Dear Viv
Good luck with the programme