Question
Posted by: twinkle | 2009-01-24

Reductil - not working???

I have a BMI of 31 - got a script for Reductil 15 - but it does not seem to work at all. I don' t have any side effects what so ever, but the Reductil does not seem to surpress my appetite. What now? have been on it for one week today. please help
Regards,

Dear Twinkle
I think you should give your body and the Reductil 15 a bit more than a week to start working. Reductil not only suppresses appetite, but also increases the basic metabolic rate which should both promote weightloss. You also need to use it with an energy-reduced, low-fat diet and exercise on a daily basis to achieve the best results. If you have still not lost any weight after 3 weeks you will have to discuss this with the prescribing dr because he/she may have to adjust your dose or change your medication. Reductil on its own without some input from the patient will not make you lose weight.