Question
Posted by: tutu | 2008-12-19

Reductil etc

Hi two ? please:

1. What is your opinion of Reductil? I am eating a well bal low gi diet and exercise 5x a week however the endocrinologist prescribed a lower dose of Reductil because i need extra help to loose the weight before i develop diabetes and heart problems. My weight gain is due to hi dose prednisone so hence i need the help, i am no longer on the cortisone but find it very difficult to shift the fat around my waist - due you think its safe to take reductil and will it work?
2. My child has severe peanut allergy pls list all names of peanut that i might not recognise which might be used in cosmetics and food, apparently they sometimes list it under other names that not easy recognisable as peanuts or peanut oil. Also what is cassia?
Hydrogenated palm oil - is that nut family? Nutmeg spice does it contain nuts?
Thanks so much for help!

Dear Tutu
I have heard good reports about the success of Reductil in weightloss at conferences on obesity, so you can certainly use it in conjunction with your low-GI diet and exercise. The latter regimen is sensible, safe and ideal for weightloss if you suffer from prediabetes or insulin resistance.
Peanut allergy is one of the most dangerous allergies and you are wise to be on the lookout for any form of peanuts. To read more about peanut allergy click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Allergy & intolerance'. You can also contact the Allergy Association by visiting their Website at: www.allallergy.net to find out more about peanut allergy. I am not sure about the cassia, but you will be able to ask the Allergologists on the Allergy Association Website, as well as about nutmeg. I am not aware of any cross-reactions between peanuts and cassia or nutmeg. Hydrogenated palm oil is also not a member of the nut family, but check each one on the Allergy Website just to be safe.
Keep up the good work with the low-GI diet and the exercise.

1
Posted by: tinkerbell | 2009-01-16

dear diet-doc

i have been using reductil for about 10 days now. since i started using the drug i am hardle ever hungry (exect the day before my monthoy period) , i am constantly thisrty - that helps with the 2l of water per day and feel great
i have been going to the gym and with my normal execise pogram i feel my muscles work more intensly. i havent been on a scale again but already feel skinnier!!

how long is it recomended to use reductil ( i am on the lower dose)?? I really want to loose between 10 - 15 kg and at what rate can i expect to loose weight/ what is a good rate to loose excess kg??

best regards
 -)

Reply to tinkerbell