Question
Posted by: Kitty | 2009/11/17

Reductil and Alli (Orlistat)

I was put on Reductil by the doctor and lost 7.5kg in 3 months. I am waiting for my new Reductil prescription and is starting to binge on food and I don' t like that feeling. I have read about the pill Alli. Is it possible to get it in South Africa and if so where do I get it? Also, what is the difference and comparison between Reductil and Alli?

I am wondering if I need to change from Reductil? I would like to lose at least another 10kg but need to lose about 5kg before 17 Dec.

Dear Kitty
Ask your pharmacist to phone your doctor for the prescription and rather stick to Reductil which you know gives you good result - 7,5 kg in 3 months is excellent. I think Alli is available in SA, but you can also use Xenical which also contains orlistat and is already available in SA. However, if you have a tendency to binge, then I think that Reductil, or Ciplatrim or Ectiva which all contain sibutramine which suppresses the appetite and stimulates your metabolism, may be a better option for you.

7
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/11/25

Is Alli and OTC product in South Africa?

Posted by: vincent | 2015/10/10

Hi I'm overweight and need to loose 15kg in about 4months, which pill would suit me best?

Reply to vincent
Posted by: Anette | 2013/05/14

hi i was on reductil prescibed by the doctor and i was fine. they are only really concerned about blood pressure. if you have problems with blood pressure it is better to consult your doctor before to start to take pills. i have found online generic reductil by http://freeviagranow.com

Reply to Anette
Posted by: Wendy | 2010/03/07

Which diet pill works the best reductil / ciplatrim or ectiva.

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: Kiki | 2010/01/13

Hi I have been on reductil 15mg before and lost 14 kg succesfully I stopped treatment because I needed to go onto Prozac 20mg, I went thru a very bad patch last year work wise and although the Prozac helped it did not make such a big difference and my sex life has deteriated with my husband. I am wanting to go of the Prozac and I get told to ween myself of it how do I do this. I want to start with Reductil as soon as possible as I have gained 10kg in ten months. I am aware that I can not use both at the same time. Is there a antidepresant you may use whilst on Reductil?

Reply to Kiki
Posted by: John | 2009/11/18

Reductil or Ciplatrim

Reply to John

Dear Kitty