Reductil &  Xenical

I would like to know which is better? Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Dear Anonymous
Reductil and Xenical are 2 very different medications that can assist with weightlossand I have read good reports of both. According to my copy of MIMS, Reductil or sibutramine suppresses the appetite. It is associated with the following side-effects: chills, cardiovascular effects, gastrointestinal disturbances, central nervous system effects, sweating. This medication is not addictive. It is a schedule 5 drug so you must have it prescribed by a medical dr and he will have to monitor your progress. Xenical on the other hand stops you from absorbing fat from the foods you eat so this automatically lowers your energy intake (each gram of fat you don't eat, saves you 37 kJ!). You should use Xenical with a very-low-fat diet to get the best results and also start exercising when you have lost some weight. You could use the Xenical to get you started on the right track and then just stick to the low-fat diet and steadily increase how much and how long you exercise. I would suggest that you discuss the use of these 2 medications with your gp because he/she would know which one is more suitable for you (taking into account how much weight you need to lose, if you are using any other medications, etc).