Posted by: Fat Mum | 2009-03-23

reductil &  diet

I' m on reductil 15mg. I weigh 88kg &  i' m 1.72m tal
my diet is free from - sweets, chocs, bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, oil.

breakfast- 175ml fat free yoghurt
lunch - steak/chicken/fish with veg
supper -steak/chicken/fisg with veg

I do not exercise at all

do you think that I could loose quite a bit of weight within the next 2 weeks. I do not expect to loose all my weight or like 10kg or anything within the next 2 weeks. Just need to loose enough to trim down for a special ocassion.

BTW i will be continuing with the reductil &  diet after the 2 week period as well.

kind regards

Dear Mum
Your present BMI = 29,7 which is in the overweight category, so if would be good if you could lose at least 10 or more kg. Weightloss takes time and effort (both by cutting down on your energy intake and increasing your energy output). 2 weeks is a bit short and the diet you list is not at all a balanced one and you are not doing any exercise. However, you may lose some weight in 2 weeks provided you cut down on fat as much as possible (stick to fish and chicken without the skin, and only grill your food or pan-fry in a nonstick pan with Spray and Cook) and don't add butter, sour cream or mayonnaise to the vegies. Do try and do some form of exercise like buying a skipping rope and skipping for 30 min a day - this is an excellent aerobic exercise that will help with the weightloss. I would be happier if you were using a well balanced diet that includes all the food groups (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet) and hope that you will use this type of diet when your great event is over.