Posted by: Guest | 2009-03-30

has anyone heard of this - can you tell me if i can take REDUCTUIL with Luvox - SSRI and other anti anxiety pills?

Dear Guest
According to my copy of MIMS, Reductil or sibutramine suppresses the appetite. It is associated with the following side-effects: chills, cardiovascular effects, gastrointestinal disturbances, central nervous system effects, sweating. This medication is not addictive. It is a schedule 5 drug so you must have it prescribed by a medical dr and he will have to monitor your progress. You will need to ask the dr who is prescribing your antidepressants and other psychotropic medications is any of them interact with Reductil BEFORE you try them. Rather safe than sorry. You can also use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 min a day to lose weight. Exercise will not only cause weightloss, but also improve your anxiety and depression.