Question
Posted by: Colleen | 2010/07/22

Reducing the GI of Smash

Hi DDoc
I am trying to follow a low GI lifestyle, however, sometimes there is a need to prepare a quick and easy meal, and tonight is just suh a time. If I use Smash, and add a tin of pureed cannelloni beans, would this be acceptable. I am really trying to be VERY conscious about what goes into my mouth and fully embrace the low GI way of life!

Thanks for the advice.

Dear Colleen
I am glad that you are using a low-GI diet which has many health benefits. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI, to read about tips on how to lower the GI of a food or a meal. Your idea of adding beans to Smash is good, but don't puree them because this increases their GI. Just eat the cooked, whole beans with the Smash or combine the Smash with lean meat or fish plus a salad with a vinegar and oil dressing and you will lower the GI of the combination.
Enjoy

2
Posted by: Colleen | 2010/07/23

Thanks DDoc - for taking the time to reply.

Reply to Colleen

Dear Colleen
Enjoy