Question
Posted by: EMMA | 2008/06/24

RE:DIAGNOSIS

I AM 23 YEARS OLD AND MARRIED FOR 1 YEAR.
I HAVENT RECEIVED MY MONTHLY PERIODS FOR 4 MONTHS NOW AND I AM NOT PREGNANT.IVE BEEN TO THE GYNAEAND SHE RAN SOME TESTS AND THE FOLLOWING RESULTS WERE OUT OF RANGE ACCORDING TO MY AGE:
FSH - 132.80
LH - 60.8
ACCORDING TO MY GYNAE SHE SUSPECTS ITS PREMATURE MENOPAUSE AND ADVISED ME TO CONTACT DR DASOO OR DR CASSIM FOR AN OPINION ON THE RESULTS AND ALSO IF FERTILITY TREATMENT COULD HELP ME FALL PREGANSNT ACCORDING TO THE ABOVE MENTIONED FIQURES.

Dear Emma
The levels of FSH and LH are certainly significantly under-rated and may indeed suggest either premature menopause or premature ovarian failure. Whilst these conditions may sound very similar they are remarkably different in that the latter condition is often reversible. Therefore it is prudent to visit a fertility specialist in order to evaluate the different options with regards to fertility treatment.

2
Posted by: EMMA | 2008/06/25

Well i did not have a cycle, i took the test after 4 months,i took the test twice and the results are the same,and i do get stomach pains as well,i also get hot flushes.

Reply to EMMA
Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/06/24

Were these tests done on day 2 of your cycle? Your FSH is extrememly high, anything above 15 is considered entering menopause.

Reply to Dee GTC