Question
Posted by: Ricky | 2012-06-20

red wine

Hi, to all, I drank a lot of dry red wine before, I have stopped for the last 6months (had a few glasses once and felt terrible) I have lost nearly all my abdomenal fat - and 14kg, Doc is it possible that it could be the drinking that made me so fat, I dont have a gallbladder either...I feel wonderful, my clothes fits and I feel so confident and I am 55

Dear Ricky
Congratulations on losing those 14 kg and the abdominal fat - you are a **star**!
Alcohol is second in line when it comes to energy content of all the so-called macronutrients: Carbohydrates and proteins provide 17 kJ per gram; Alcohol provides 29 kJ per gram; Fat provides 37 kJ per gram. For every 200 ml glass of red wine you don't ingest, you save nearly 600 kJ.
Keep up the good work

3
Posted by: Ricky | 2012-06-20

Hi red wine drinker, I use to drink, 5-6glasses per evening

Reply to Ricky
Posted by: Red wine drinker | 2012-06-20

Hi Ricky,

How mush is "  a lot" ? I drink a lot of red wine too and have been trying for years to get rid of abdominal fat too...

Reply to Red wine drinker
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-06-20

Dear Ricky
Keep up the good work