Posted by: Athina | 2009-06-22

Red veins and yellow spots on eyes

I have had red veins and yellow spots in my eyes for the past 3/4 weeks. A month ago I had intercourse and oral sex with someone, 4 days later I had red, swollen tonsils, covered with white spots and fever, next day I started taking erythromycin 500mg on my own, two days later I stopped taking it because it gave me stomach pain  a week after exposure I went to an STD clinic, the same day the doctor diagnosed me with mucopurulent cervicitis and yeast infection, she prescribed me azithromycin (4 pills at one time) and 2 fluconazole pills (one every other day). The fever and white spots dissapeared the very next day I took the antibiotics. Two weeks later test results came all negative, for the culture test on my throat for gonorrhea, HIV, Hepatitis A,B,C, Clamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphillis but I was left a yellowish/greenish tone on my skin (which has been fading, I' m getting my natural color back) and yellow spots and red veins on my eyes which hasn' t changed at all. What could be the cause? The interaction with erythromycin, Hepatitis, HIV, a consecuence of MPC?

Dear Athina
The red veins may just be due to an allergy or irritation in the eyes and you can try using something like Spersallerg for it - a yellowish tinge of the white of the eye can be an indication of liver problems, so maybe you should let your doctor have a look at this and do a liverfunction blood test if needed.