Question
Posted by: Jax | 2009-04-07

Red spots on tongue?

Ive recently stopped smoking, almost 3 weeks now.

I have been under immense stress lately at work and home.

Question is this red spots on my tongue is it harmless or is it due to my immune system being off? And what can i do about it? I hear it could also be a geographic is this true?

Dear Jax
If it is big irregular spots it could be geographic tongue which is not harmful and the cause is not always known. Try using an immune booster like Viral choice C or Immunochoice or Echinacea, take a good multivitamin and use an antiseptic mouthwash

8
Posted by: Hannah | 2009-04-08

hi! google for " burning mouth Syndrome"  this is what I get, and is pretty irritating. google and read, it and see if this is what you might have, nothing to be scared of, just little bit irritating, I use Canesten Troche 10mg losenges, which helps a lot, but you need a script for it...

Reply to Hannah
Posted by: Uno | 2009-04-07

Sorry... assumed Jax to be female...

Good luck mate :-)

Reply to Uno
Posted by: Jax | 2009-04-07

LOL im a guy :P

Reply to Jax
Posted by: Uno | 2009-04-07

I googled, could' nt find any thing conclusive, but it could just be taste buds... but im sure Doc might have better advise... good luck girl.

Reply to Uno
Posted by: Jax | 2009-04-07

Well not the whole tongue is white just parts of it. Maybe its just the stress and my immune system being off.

Reply to Jax
Posted by: Jax | 2009-04-07

Its not like my tongue is sore.

Reply to Jax
Posted by: Jax | 2009-04-07

Needle pin? But rest of my tongue is almost like a white colour, i also get this metal taste in my mouth. I am so damn scared.

Reply to Jax
Posted by: Uno | 2009-04-07

What does these red spots look like, needle pin size or more patchy?

Reply to Uno