Posted by: Jean | 2009-02-25

Red skin and bumps around nose

Hi Cyber Doc

For the last few weeks or maybe more, I have been getting small pimples and red skin around my nostrils. Sometimes the redness flakes. I use a lot of Vaseline when the problem happens, which clears it, but then as soon as they go away, they crop up again! Sometimes, like today, the skin even burns. It' s horrible and i feel very self-conscious about it. Often i can' t even cover it up with foundation because then the skin flakes even more.
Do you have any idea what it could be and how i can get rid of it once and for all?

Thank you.

Dear Jean
this may be a peri-oral dermatitis. ( could be due to nosedrops you use, or make-up or even the tissues you use) You probably need a tetracycline prescription.