Question
Posted by: ST | 2012-05-17

Red skin

The skin on my nose is generally very red, the only way to hide it, is to cover it under layers of foundation, but I''m not very fond of makeup. Other than this I have no skin problems whatsoever, except for maybe oiliness. Can this be treated permanently in some way? Where do I start?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi ST, thank you for the question.

From your description it seems that you may have Rosacea (a medical condition) characterised by a large number of fine veins in the surface layers of the skin. Typicaly people notice the redness after a hot bath, spicy food, exertion, alcohol, etc. but occasionally no specific cause of the red flares are noted. It may be associated with acne like lesions and is termed acneiform rosacea.
Your best option would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and if possible perform a VISIA skin analysis that will help in identifying the veins below the skin surface. If this is Rosacea there are no permanent cures but one can manage the condition effectively with laser vein removal and the gold standard is the V-beam Perfecta.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012-05-19

Hi ST, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert