Posted by: Lisl | 2009-02-10

Red Scalp and headache

Hi - i got quite a fright yesterday when my scalp/head started to burn in the top centre of my head. On inspection in the mirror i saw a roundish patch of my scalp was bright red and burning like crazy. I went to the pharmacy but they couldn'  t find the diagnosis. They asked me if it'  s sunburn but i haven'  t been in the sun for days. I hear that this might be from my neck and shoulder pain which causes my headacheds that is linked with your brain'  s pressure points - can this be - and if so, is it harmful to me at all - PLEASE help as i'  m really afraid. (Job i have is very stressful and demanding and I'  m looking for something else but haven'  t found anything yet.)

Dear Lisl
It may be an allergy due to shampoo or hair dye or hairspray - I doubt if this has anything to do with neck and shoulder spasm. Try Stopitch cream on the area for a few days ( it contains a weak cortisone which is anti-inflammatory), but if it does not get better, rather see your doctor.