Question
Posted by: Worried | 2011-10-03

Red rash on face

Hi Doctor,

my husband, from time to time gets this red rash on his face, no raised bumps or anything just several red spots (smooth) around his nose and on his cheeks...it just appears an goes away after an hour....I was it in saturday when we worked in the garden (on an empty stomach) hence no food allergy and again today....after he finished a meeting. It doesn''t itch or burn - he doesn''t even feel it. Any ideas?

He will have to consult a dermatologist for an examination. It can be a mild form of eczema or due to an allergic reaction (environmental factors). In the interim, he can apply Anthisan cream when the rash appears.