Question
Posted by: Marsha Meyer | 2011/11/08

red pimple (boil) on upper lip

Dear Dr Burger

I have a five year old daugther that has a little dark red pimple on her upper lip which developed after a spell she had with extremely dry lips. I''m not sure if this is serious as she doesn''t complain or find it painfull, but I want to find out what it could be? It is the size of a pin head and stands out quite a bit. Will it dissapear or should I take her to a skin specialist? Could you help?

Marsha

You can consult your doctor for an examination. It is possible that it is a small area of localised infection that is not serious and might not need any treatment, as it could disappear by itself.