Question
Posted by: bibi | 2009/01/22

red lines across legs

Hi Doc, I recently have had 2 doppler test both neg on DVT, 2 D-Dimer test - slightly elevated, was put on a course of antibiotics and painkillers. leg healed lovely but now a few days later after the antibiotic finished, the upper thigh (front) has developed 2 new hot spots and are running along veins. Do I need more antibiotics and these red lines run across the leg not down. Bit painful but when heated bag is applied it eases. Thanks

Dear bibi
Please rather show your doctor - it is better to treat early and sounds like the inflammation is not healed 100%